Your child has completed Confirmation Preparation for Level 2.
As we move closer to Confirmation, the candidates should continue to work on their strengths, the gifts of the Holy Spirit activity they completed at the workshop and complete the Confirmation Interview Supplement which will help them with their interviews.
Confirmation will be celebrated on
Saturday, November 3, 2018 @ Gibbstown Church
by Most Reverend Bishop Dennis Sullivan
There will be (2) Confirmation Masses offered 10 am or 1 pm & you can come back here on Monday, June 11th @ 4pm to make a selection. We will do our best to accommodate your selection, it will be first come first serve.
Below is a list of upcoming dates and information deadlines…
- Faith Sharing w/Sponsor Part 1 &2 – you will be contacted if either of these forms are missing.
- Confirmation Saint Report – the report is due by Saturday, June 9th. Please upload the report to the website by clicking on the “Confirmation Submission Page” link at the bottom of this page.
- Sponsor Certificate of Eligibility – if your child’s sponsor is not a member of St. Clare of Assisi parish they are to request a certificate from the parish they are registered with & where they attend Sunday liturgy. (Baptismal or Confirmation certificate is not acceptable) due date June 9th
- Letter to the Bishop – the letter is due by September 24th. Only originals will be accepted, please do not fold, bend or staple. These letters are being sent directly to the Bishop. (sample letter can be found in the red folder)
- Confirmation Interview Supplement – complete over the summer to help prepare for the interview (dates will be sent out later) this supplement is to be brought to the interview
- Confirmation Interviews – please mark your calendar – October 17th, 23rd & 24th from 5 pm – 8 pm. Your child will be scheduled for either a group interview (30 mins) or an individual interview (15 mins). The date & time of your child’s interview will be sent later this summer.
- Sacrament of Penance – “To receive Confirmation one must be in a state of grace. One should receive the sacrament of Penance in order to be cleansed for the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Plan on taking your child to confession the weekend before Confirmation. Confessions are held @ St. Clare every Saturday morning in Swedesboro after the 9 am Mass & Saturday evening in Gibbstown at 3:45 pm. (September – June) ** attending another parish for confessions is acceptable
Please feel free to contact me if you should have any questions, 856-467-0037 x308.
Coordinator for Sacrament Preparation